Sunday, March 18, 2012

More Stolen Quilts!!

Karen Combs is one of our National Teachers at Quilt Fest this year.  This is the second time in about a month that a teacher has had multiple quilts  from stolen from a car. 
It is something every traveling quilt teacher fears, her quilts will be stolen or lost.  Unfortunately, it has happened to me. I’m heartbroken. . . please share the images and story below.  I hope they will be found.
On March 16, 2012, sometime between midnight and 6am at the Courtyard New Braunfels River Village, my rental car’s driver window was broken and my teaching suitecase was stolen. The hotel is located at 750 IH 35 North in New Braunfels, Texas. The police were called, they stated the break-in looked like the work of a professional.
It was a “smash and grab”. The vandals did not know what they were taking and it will have no value to them.  It means the world to me. . .
Inside the suitecase were the quilts  from my popular Patchwork Illusions class. I also lost all my teaching supplies and step-by-step demos for the class.
If you live in New Braunfels or anywhere in Texas, please check local yard sales, flea markets and pawn shops for the quilts.  Everyone, please   forward this blog posting to every quilter and quilt shop you know and ask them to forward it to everyone they know.
If you find one of my quilts or quilt  blocks, please contact me at karen@karencombs.com
Thank you for all your help,

Karen

Patchwork Illusions quilt – BATIK CASCADE RIBBONS

 

Go to Karen's website http://karencombs.wordpress.com/2012/03/18/quilts-stolen/ to see the rest of the quilts that were taken.

1 comment:

Quilts and Rugs said...

Hi my name is Nicole I live in the North of Scotland in a village called Lybster, I am an avid quilter although I have only been quilting for about a year! I got the quilting bug after coming to Utah to see my son and daughter in law get married. I was amazed & facinated at the quilts they recieved as presents upon their marriage, Anyhow I digress, the reason I am writing is that I am coming to stay with my son and daughter to watch the arrival of my grandchild in the first two weeks of October and would dearly love the chance to perhaps come to one or more of your quilting meetings to see more of what set me on my original path. I am staying in West Valley City but my son says he is more than happy to drive me anywhere in the salt lake region as long as my daughter in law is in labour at the time! So if it would be possible for me to attend I would really appreciate it and would love to meet your members and tell them about our quilting club here too!
many thanks
Nicole xxx